Students who step forward with anonymous tips leading to arrests will be eligible for cash awards through the program, based on an internally recognized model.
School and police officials agree that most students want to do the right thing to keep their schools and neighborhoods safe but sometimes fear reprisals. The Student Crime Stoppers Program offers the safety of complete anonymity while promoting responsibility and allowing students to take action against victimization and crime.
When to Call
School Art Contest
Who is eligible: Any Kerr County student K -12th grade
Entry Deadline: May 1, 2016
Contest is free to enter!!
To enter: Send your artwork and the completed entry form to:
Crime Stoppers Art Contest
c/o Dusty Gilliam
P.O. Box 615
Hunt, TX 78024
One winner from each grade will be selected. Winners will be posted this website. Check the website for winners posted no later than June 1, 2016. See “Contest Official Rules” for prizes.
ART CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
Kerr County Crime Stoppers School Art Contest
January 11 – May 1, 2016
Kerr County school students enrolled in Kindergarten through 12th grade are invited to participate. Each entry will promote the idea of Crime Stoppers which is “someone other than the criminal has information that can help solve a crime.” Crime Stoppers offers a safe, anonymous reporting channel that motivates citizens and students to provide information on crime in exchange for monetary rewards.
· Artwork must be submitted/postmarked on or before May 1, 2016.
· Artwork must be original work created by a student enrolled in a Kerr County school, or who is home schooled. Tracing is not allowed. Copyrighted images are not allowed.
· Each student (or student’s parent or legal guardian) must fill out the Contest Entry Form.
· Design should be on an 8.5” x 11” piece of white paper (standard copy paper).
· Design should be drawn on the page sideways (landscape).
· Submit art in crayon, colored pencil, markers or computer designed image (no copyrighted image is allowed.)
· Slogans to be included should include one of the following:
o CRIME– JUST BAG IT
o CRIME DOESN’T PAY – CRIME STOPPERS DOES
· For more information contact: Dusty Gilliam at 830-285-4764
Thirteen winners will be selected:
· One student winner’s artwork, chosen from the 13 winning designs will be featured on the cover of the 2017 Kerr County Crime Stoppers calendar.
· He or she will also receive a $100 cash prize.
· 12of the top 13 winning students will have his or her artwork featured on a month of the calendar and will win a $50 cash prize.
· The teacher representing the student who produces the overall winning design will win a $100 H.E.B. gift card.
· All13 winners will be displayed on coasters distributed to restaurants throughout Kerr County.
· All13 winners will receive a 2017 Kerr County Crime Stoppers calendar displaying their artwork.
· All13 winners will be displayed on the Kerr County Crime Stoppers website. Check this website for winning designs.
Entries should be accompanied with the following information:
Contest First and Last Name
Teacher First and Last Name
How do you want to receive winning contest results (phone call, text message, e-mail, mail)
Signature of student and Parent, Guardian or Teacher
Signature of both signifies you have read and agree to the following statement:
I hereby certify that this is my original work and is not a copy of published photographs, magazines, book illustrations, or any other materials protected by copyright laws. I grant exclusive right to Kerr county Crime Stoppers and its designees to utilize my artwork for reproduction and promotional purposes and to display my art. Also, I agree that my artwork may be used, altered, or published as they see fit without compensation to me.
All Site Content / Copyright © 2017 / Kerr County Crime Stoppers
Dynamic WebSite Design / Copyright © 2017 / Anderson Software